Monday, February 14, 2011

Potato Leek Soup – Feel the Pain

I finally bought some leeks (yes actual leeks this time) to make potato leek soup. I also had two heads of cauliflower from the Bountiful Baskets co-op and I decided to also make a cauliflower soup. If I am going to mess up my fancy Cuisinart food processor I better make it worth it! One interesting little fact about the potato leek soup was that it only had one little potato in it and a bunch of leeks.

I had the cauliflower soup that night and the leek soup the next day. I of course couldn’t get my family to eat it, the dog wouldn’t even look at it and the chickens flat out refused.

I had a grilled cheese sandwich with the soup which made it more enjoyable. The cauliflower soup was a bit boring but the leek soup was really good. However after two bowls in two days I had stomach pains so bad that I decided that eating the soup was not worth the discomfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment