Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Austin - Where the Greeness Started

In the late 90's I moved from Houston to Austin Texas. It was the best experience ever. I loved Austin. I would take my dog Rodeo hiking, biking, canoeing and dining. I lent my truck to a friend and rode my bike everywhere. Grocery store, gym, work. This past November my husband and daughter and I returned to Austin while visiting family. It has changed but no too terribly much and it still has eco-friendly, dog friendly, music friendly shops, cafe's, bars, eateries and parks. I took a quick walk through the neighborhood I lived in and took photos of some really neat cafe's and stores as well as my old house and area houses that still have that Austin feel.

My old house (above) and the capital building (below)...

More awesome photos from my old stompin' grounds.


I found an awesome store called Eco-Wise in my old neighborhood.

Snack Bar in Austin, Texas! I hope every town in America gets awesome restaurants like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment