Monday, February 14, 2011

Swiss Miss


In order to talk about my Swiss Miss incident I must first preface it with the chicken and rice soup experience. The other night I opened a can of chicken and rice soup for my daughter. I poured the contents into the pan and there was only two tablespoons of rice. Weird I thought but I guess it could happen. Two days later Addy picked out Swiss Miss Marshmallow Madness with colored marshmallows. When I got home I promptly pulled out an envelope and poured it into a cup of luke warm water. It was ALL marshmallows no cocoa. What the heck? So I pulled out an old tub of hot cocoa mix and added a few spoonfuls. No biggie I am a fast thinking mom. Two days later I go to make her another cup and by this time I have separated all of the envelopes and put them in a drawer. (The boxes take up too much room and I like to recycle them all at once). This envelope was all cocoa and no marshmallows. What the heck? I began pulling them out and squeezing them. Some had only marshmallows and others only cocoa.

Yes, I can hear you all but I am a mom. I am tired and it’s a scientific fact that your brain shrinks when you’re pregnant and apparently doesn’t expand back to its original size. Some people would have thought to check the box. I didn’t and if I had had that brilliant idea it had already been recycled. In my mind the factory messed up – remember the soup?

Oh it gets worse. “I am writing the company” I exclaimed to my husband. I wrote the company and they sent back a nice letter saying “sorry about the confusion”. I know they had to be thinking – what an IDIOT! Heck, I would have. So I read the letter then re-read it and then read it again. Finally, the little light went off. Yup, I bet my letter shows up on one of those chain emails containing stupid letters to customer service reps. They should have wrote “sorry you are a complete moron.”

So for those of you who don’t know or haven’t figured it out the Swiss Miss packets come with one cocoa packet attached to one marshmallow packet. On a positive note while looking up the name of the Swiss Miss I bought I discovered that they made a mistake on the packaging. Apparently, the back of the box had a math game (which for obvious reasons I did not partake in) that had a math error. They wrote “We appreciate that bright math minds are double-checking our work…” Hopefully, the bright math minds outnumber the numb-skulls like me that can’t figure out the directions

  1. Pour one packet of cocoa into the cup.
  2. Open the next packet and pour the marshmallows into the cup.
  3. Stir.
  4. Don’t drink if too hot otherwise you will burn your mouth.
I used to make fun of directions like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment