Friday, January 28, 2011

Saving dough!





I don't know if the price of bread has gone crazy everywhere but here in Kanab $5 a loaf is about average. We rarely buy bread but now that Addy is eating cheese sandwiches we are buying it more and more. A friend gave me her bread maker and dehydrator so I made some bread the other night. It was good but not absolutely amazing... which is PERFECT. If it was absolutely amazing I would have eaten the whole loaf with real butter and after a month or so I would be writing a blog on my attempts to lose weight! Step one would be throw out the bread maker~

I have been wanting a dehydrator to dehydrate vegetables. I figured Addy and I could eat some with a little bit of sea salt. Yum. I can tell you for sure never to dehydrate celery. It is a no no. My friend dehydrated celery. It took her two hours to cut up all of her celery and the pieces that didn't fall through the grate were disgusting. I will suffer through eating things if they are good for me (just ask my husband) but these were awful. Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment