Thursday, January 20, 2011

Sage What?

This is a blog about the trials and tribulations of a mom trying to make healthy choices for her family, her environment and the beings that live in it! It sounds easy, but it is much harder than you'd think. First off discovering that EVERY food that you don't grow yourself is most likely laden with chemicals and if you didn't raise it yourself it has been treated horribly. Luckily it seems to me there is a movement to support the local farmers (the few that are left) and like many I am willing to pay top dollar for a quality cut of meat from a cow that was able to meander through acres of grasslands. I have been battling with my food choices for years. I am not trying to shock anyone into being a vegan, Birkenstock wearing, tree hugging, environmental activist (although it wouldn't be a bad thing). I am just sharing the ups and downs of trying to sift through the information of where our food actually comes from and get back to a simpler healthier time.

In fact, the first thing on my road to being more green is my attempt to grow my own herbs (which a decade ago would have been a no brainer for most but for me it is a bit daunting!).

No comments:

Post a Comment