Friday, April 1, 2011

Makeup - Many Reasons to Go Green

Zu Zu foundation, Larenim minteral skin care and Kiss My Face lip color.

Physicians Formula - Licorice Extract & Tomato Derivatives help brighten skin and diminish the appearance of sun spots. Hypoallergenic. Fragrance Free. Paraben Free. Non-Irritating.  Non-Comedogenic. Oil-Free.

ZuZu eyeliner and Beauty Without Cruelty mascara


I have been thinking for years about using all natural organic based cosmetics.  Finally I thought to myself what are you waiting for? So I switched over and no it wasn't any more expensive than my ordinary cosmetics.  In addition, I had to buy them at our closest natural grocery store which is an hour and a half away. Since our local grocery stores don't sell this type of makeup it lessens the chance of impulse buying.
Think about how many lipsticks or eye colors you buy on impulse and never use?  Now that is a waste of money.

I love the eyeliner because it goes on smooth and doesn't leave splinters in my eyelid!  The Larenim powder is terrific. It is called Dusk til Dawn and I use it before I put on my makeup and a little after then at night before bed.  It is a  pearl colored powder and it makes my skin feel good and I swear it has made some of my sun spots fade.  It is anti-microbial, very healing and helps protect your skin from the sun! 

You'll notice all of the products are paraben free.  What the heck is a paraben you ask?  Well I would suggest you do your own research. The main reason I don't want it in our house is the fact that it is known to mimic estrogen. Sorry but women are hormonal enough without adding additional chaos to the mix!  In fact, ladies who wear a lot of makeup, have perfectly coiffed hair, and flawless mani pedi's are bitchier aren't they?  Hmmm could there be a connection?  

No comments:

Post a Comment