Friday, April 22, 2011

A Kale Chip is Oh So Hip!

How did I get so behind the times?  Apparently people have been eating Kale chips forever.  Well this week Daron's mom and I made not only Kale chips but Swiss Chard chips too.  We liked both.  Daron even ate them.  Eating them and truly liking them are two different things but he will eat them and get some veggie nutrition so that is a score for me!  I LOVE the texture - the kale ruffles really make them crunchy and cool tasting.  There are many recipe variations so I would suggest trial and error.  We like ours just a tad bit brown. See how I do it below.

Wash kale and rip leaf off the stems.

Place on tinfoil covered cookie sheet and sprinkle with olive oil and salt.

Bake at 425 for 10ish minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Did you plant Kale this year? I'll tell you what, last year my kale grew from Summer until the NEXT spring. It does really good here in S. Utah.

    ReplyDelete