Friday, July 29, 2011

Explaining the Vegetarianism and Vegan lifestyle

I am slowly on my way to vegetarianism and it sometimes irritates my husband.  I am sure I would have done it long ago if I wasn't so worried about what other people thought (stupid I know).  My sister has been a vegetarian for something like twenty years and I swear people are just now getting used to it!  My husband gets frustrated when he asks me to taste his chicken dish and I won't do it. It irritates him when vegans are "so picky" when they go out to eat.  I am sure many people feel this same way.   His theory is why not taste the chicken it is dead already and if you don't eat it I will.  In addition, you don't want the chicken to have died in vain.  This is how I explained it this morning and he got it.  He said I should share it because it really hit home for "someone like him."  So here it is.  I am sure others might not agree but this helped clarify in our household.

Daron I said pretend a friend of yours stole $2000 from a single woman and her four kids.  He then  offers you $50 of that money. Daron says "No, I can't take that money."  Your friend says "I am going to spend it anyway. You not spending it won't help the folks I stole it from." 

1 comment: