Sunday, March 13, 2011

Cheap and Green Ways to Clean Your House

White distilled vinegar, baking soda and hydrogen peroxide are the three most important cleaning agents in your cupboard.  I have listed a few things that I use these items for but there are literally hundreds of ways you can use them. Basically if any cleaning needs to be done I turn to baking soda, vinegar and hydrogen peroxide first.  There are many benefits to using these items for cleaning but my favorite is that I don't worry about my 3 yr. old daughter getting into it and she can help me clean!

White Distilled Vinegar
  1. Vinegar & water for cleaning mirrors and windows.
  2. Vinegar in the laundry not only helps clean, freshen and brighten the clothes but also helps with the mold & smell that can happen in the rubber seal of fancy front loaders.
  3. Vinegar in the drain for odors.
  4. Vinegar in the bathroom to kill germs and mildew.
  5. Vinegar on counter tops for a nontoxic cleaner.
  6. Vinegar and baking soda on nonstick pans for burnt stains.
  7. Vinegar for cleaning car interior and windows.
  8. For more great ideas visit  Vinegar Tips.

Baking Soda
  1. Baking soda for cleaning sinks, toilets, bathtubs.
  2. Baking soda for cleaning your teeth.
  3. Baking soda in the laundry.
  4. Baking soda in the dishwasher.
  5. Baking soda in shoes.
  6. For more ideas Google baking soda cleaning. 
Hydrogen Peroxide
  1. Anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties make it great for door handles, counter tops and bathroom.
  2. Add to baking soda for a toothpaste also as a mouthwash.
  3. Good uses for garden and cleaning pet products too.
  4. Good site for ideas Use Hydrogen Peroxide.
I reused shampoo bottles and a Febreze bottle.  I have straight vinegar, straight hydrogen peroxide and two bottles of vinegar and water for windows and counters.  I am using up all of the store bought cleaning products and when they are gone I don't plan to buy anymore.  Eventually this will be the only cleaning supplies we use. I also use olive oil on my wood table.  A lady in an antique store in Houston, TX gave me that tip over ten years ago. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey we are so on the same page right now. Keep posting.

    ReplyDelete